Seeking Like-Minded Parents In The Northshore Area Interested In Participating Together In Preschool,
Kindergarten, First and
Second Grade Homeschooling
The myriad of reasons for wanting to homeschool our children continues to escalate. We are seeking other parents who also have homeschooling in mind or even those who aren’t certain yet which route they are going to take. So please read on and consider checking us out or joining us. Please be sure to sign up for our Synergy Homeschool Center News. In each issue we will do our best to raise parents awareness to many of the troubling issues affecting our children’s well being and with what’s going on at the Beverly center including workshops and activity events.
We Just Moved to Beverly:
As of December 2011 we now have 3 moms and 7 children from 2 yrs. old to near 6 yrs old. The facility has lots of potential with lots of room and we have lots of ideas.
In our new location we now have 2 rooms across the hall from one another. One we want to use as a focus room for mature children and the other room for babies and younger children. This is general and meant to be flexible, but it will give us an opportunity to have one room where more uninterrupted and serious learning takes place for our older mature children.
We are presently working with a combination of Montessori and other various teaching methods. For some subjects we are using the same curriculum while for other subjects different moms are using different curriculum.
What We Are:
- A classroom where parents come in and participate together with their children.
- A Montessori-style classroom and some Montessori teaching interwoven with some of the other wonderful teaching methods that various moms bring with their children.
- Hiring instructors to visit our center to hold weekly classes in various subjects such as foreign languages, music, and more, for those parents interested in participating.
- Putting our heads together researching and bringing to the school some right-brained methods that are currently available to foster skills such as creativity, speed reading, photographic memory and faster math calculating abilities…
- To experience the synergy that comes when parents come together for their children’s education.
- A way to homeschool in Northshore while getting some of the socialization skills that comes with a group learning and interaction.
- A flexible/Montessori kind of structure that allows parents and their children to work together as they see fit while still maintaining a lot of independence to teach our children our own way.
- Planning occasional pot luck dinners , monthly kids night out dances and lots more…
Homeschooling In Northshore – Here is what we want to accomplish over the course of the next few months:
- Have another 6 or more parents come on board with us.
- Build up the older 5 to 7 yrs. group by four or more children.
- Monthly pot-luck dinners for parents and children together.
- Monthly Friday or Saturday “Children & Parents Night Out” with dancing and healthy snacks for Synergy members and friends.
- Monthly “Parents Only Night” where we discuss ideas and curriculum (already started).
- Monthly informative “Workshops” for parents on topics concerning our children’s well-being.
What we are not:
We are not a day care although we like to help each others children out with learning. No one is responsible for anyone else’s children. All parents are present and we work together to help better educate our children.
We are not a play group although we like to have our kids play together. We like to have fun too and we do enjoy the idea of planning times for play and feel that it is very important. During scheduled schooling times at the center, we strive to respect each others space and maintain, within reason for the ages we are teaching, an environment that’s conducive to learning.
Homeschooling in the Northshore Area
Why A Homeschooling Center?
Forming a homeschooling center has the potential to give so much more to our children than many public and private schools can offer while making a homeschooling parent’s life easier. Many of the benefits include:
- The ultimate continued involvement in our children’s education.
- Working together with our children as nature had it for thousands of years before the invention of public schools.
- Community that comes with working together with other parents for the same goals.
- The ability to combine our resources so that we can chip in together to offer more for our children in areas that are individually expensive, e.g. music, foreign languages, swimming, gymnastics, martial arts, hobby times…
- Getting all aspects of our children’s education covered under one roof thereby freeing ourselves of the continuous running around that is so common today with children and parents.
- Educate each other together and stay informed through regular meetings covering many of the topics many parents are just to busy to cover such as vaccines, toxins in the environment, GMO foods, video games…
- And much more…
By getting involved in our Northshore homeschooling group, you will become part of the decision making process. From managing the budget and setting monthly fees to bringing on board additional ideas for curriculum, planning events and lots more…
How Much Does It Cost?
As of right now we are charging only $25 per child per month! We are meeting once per week but plan to go to 2 or possibly even 3 times per week over the spring. Any money that eventually exceeds our rent will be put into a savings for school related purchasing to be decided in part by you once you get involved.
What to Do Next
Contact us and schedule a time to meet with us. Let us show you around, what we have going on so far and what we hope to accomplish soon. Then get involved.
Send Inessa an email at TheSynergySchool@gmail.com
call Bill at 978-705-1940.
Synergy Homeschooling Center
2 Dane Street
Beverly MA 01915
A Homeschooling group for the Beverly, Danvers and the entire Northshore Area